At Aviant, we enable autonomous on-demand transportation of goods by
leveraging drone technology. After starting out in the labs at MIT,
Aviant has evolved from building homemade drones to operating and
developing commercial unmanned systems for transporting blood samples,
covid samples and even milk samples.
As a Drone Developer, you will be working with our tech stack and aerial robots. The tasks will be highly varied, ranging from designing and implementing custom hardware and software to conducting flight tests in the field.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Hardware development on our UAV system
- Development of software functionality in our UAV Autopilot
- Software development on the Ground Control Station (GCS)
- Hardware development on our UAV landing platform
- Testing and verification of the entire flight stack, from UAV to GCS to landing platform
- Prototyping new modules and components
Profile and skills
- 4th or 5th year student within Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics, Mechanics or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on challenging tasks
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping tools or methods, or experience with DYI projects. For example: 3D printer, laser cutter, CNC milling, microcontrollers and electronics
- Experience and knowledge of UAV systems, or equivalent experience, such as experience with RC vehicles
- Interested in a startup environment
- Passion for Aviant’s mission
We are seeking enthusiasts, people who wish to build something that matters. We are seeking those that have proved to be extraordinary, in some way or another. If you desire to join a quickly growing startup, we hope that you will apply!